Re: Status of v4.9

Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote...

> If you need to point a manager at something, point them at my blog post,
> that is why I wrote it.  And test the heck out of it starting now!

Don't worry, 4.9 is already running on more than the half of my boxes
now. So far, transition (from 4.4 mostly) went very smoothly, even on
embedded hardware where I'm always a bit more concerned about
regressions. While some computers gave the feeling of being a bit
slower, there is no data that substantiates it.

The only thing that requires checking is the X server in a KVM guest
that fails to start. But since I haven got around to take a closer look
yet, I preferred not the bother anybody for the time being.

    Christoph