[OT] Re: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review

Willy Tarreau <w <at> 1wt.eu> writes:

> Hi Darren,
>
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 08:40:15AM -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
>
> > There is a great article on the subject I read recently here:
> >
> > http://youarenotsosmart.com/2013/05/23/survivorship-bias/
>
> Seems interesting but very long, I'll have to read it later ! Thanks for
> the link anyway.
>
> Willy

It's TL;DR for a bit, but it seems this article has chosen a very nice
way to phrase what one would think should be common sense these days:

One should not only do what other success stories did, but also
try to do, what the FAILED ones did NOT do.
(which is not easy to figure out if all you see is success stories)

In other words:

One should /try/ to learn on mistakes of OTHERS, not only on our own.

Cheers,
Lukasz
---
[GMANE SIG: GMANE web posting interface measures a ratio of what
I wrote to what I quote, andforces line lengths to be done by hand.]