Re: tpm_crb driver issues.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 10:27:32AM -0500, Dr. Greg Wettstein wrote:
> > I sent this a while ago:
> >
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg142584.html
>
> > I assume that silence means that it will be incorporated to some 4.7.x
> > (it has before). These commits are part of the 4.8 release so maybe a
> > good kernel to try out would be 4.8-rcX (any of them)?
>
> I saw that message but Greg replied and indicated the commit ID's
> you mentioned didn't match anything he could find.
>
> Here is the URL to that reply:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg143651.html
>
> In the meantime I will go through the 4.8-rc's and see what I can get
> sorted out.

[CC to stabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Hey, thank you for pointing that out! I never delete any mailing list on
purpose messages but still I cannot find it from my Maildir :( I must
have deleted that one by accident. Bummer. That's the reason why there
has been zero reaction to from side to Greg's response.

If you want to work on 4.7, the mainline commit IDs are:

1. 422eac3f7dea ("tpm_crb: fix mapping of the buffers")
2. 14ddfbf488a0 ("tpm_crb: drop struct resource res from struct crb_priv")
   (dependecy for 1)

and they are included into the 4.8 release.

I wonder where I have ever taken those commit IDs (maybe I've failed
with copy-paste, dunno).

I double checked the commit IDs first by command-line and then by web
browser from mainline GIT so those should be good. Apologies for the
inconvenience!

/Jarkko