Re: [added to the 4.1 stable tree] usb: host: xhci-rcar: Use ARCH_RENESAS

On 06/03/2016 08:47 PM, Simon Horman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not believe this patch is suitable for v4.1 stable.
>
> ARCH_RENESAS is not otherwise present there and thus the driver in question
> will stop being compiled where it was previously compiled.
>
> Moreover, the transition to ARCH_RENESAS is (so far) being handled in such
> a way that there have not been any regressions that would necessitate a
> backport to -stable.

Hey Simon,

I've picked this commit because of what I saw in f879fc32a
("usb: host: xhci-rcar: Avoid long wait in xhci_reset()").

>From my understanding of that change, we added a dependency on ARCH_RENESAS
for USB_XHCI_PLATFORM, but since USB_XHCI_RCAR depended on ARCH_SHMOBILE that
would cause silly errors for kconfig and would probably confuse users.

Rather than changing it to a ARCH_SHMOBILE dependency, I've preferred
to pull in f879fc32a to keep the stable tree more aligned with upstream
and possibly prevent any future backporting errors for new commits that
add ARCH_RENESAS dependencies.

If you don't agree with that approach I can change that to a ARCH_SHMOBILE
dependency and remove this commit, or take any other approach you think
is better?

Thanks,
Sasha