Re: Question about the commits found in a stable tree

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 09:10:43AM +0200, Francis Moreau wrote:
> > I think we should specify a format that everyone should use.  I did
> > draft some new wording for stable_kernel_rules.txt which I should send
> > out...
> >

> I agree but it seems that Greg thinks that won't be possible in the
> long term even if a pattern is specified.

That is not what Greg is thinking, or said.

I really don't understand the issue here.  Others have done what you are
trying to do quite successfully, without needing to ask for any type of
guarantees, so I'm confused as to what is preventing you from
accomplishing this.

greg k-h