RE: [added to the 4.1 stable tree] ARM: OMAP2+: Fix wait_dll_lock_timed for rodata

This statement is false.

The kick counters were there to work around HW quirks/bugs not for any kind of debugging.  Code in this area was added reactively to customer production failures not for expirmentation.

It seems likely the assembly with some effort could be made to keep its function.

Regards,
Richard W.