Re: Please do NOT backport commit 25642e1459ac ("powerpc/opal-irqchip: Fix double endian conversion")

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 07:14:09PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Hi stable folks,
>
> Please do not backport commit 25642e1459ac ("powerpc/opal-irqchip: Fix double
> endian conversion").
>
> It fixed one bug but added another :/
>
> We've fixed it upstream with an additional commit, but will send a combined
> patch for stable.
>
> I couldn't see any documentation on how to request that a commit is not
> backported once it's already tagged in the change log, let me know if there's
> a way I can do it that makes it easier for you guys.

I'd rather take the original patches, and not rely on some combined
patch, as that will differ from upstream.  So can I just take this patch
now and you tell me what the other commit is that I need to keep a bug
from happening?

thanks,

greg k-h