Re: [stable] KVM security fixes

As they are these patches will cause issues for some guests
(particular RHEL5) which uses non 32-byte aligned addresses.  The
documentation specified the alignment requirement, but guests got away
with ignoring that requirement and through random luck it never caused
an issue before.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/virt/kvm/kvm.git/commit/?id=8f964525a121f2ff2df948dac908dcc65be21b5b
Adds support for cross page reads and writes and allows for dropping
alignment checks entirely, which will work with any guests regardless
of alignment issues.  I'd recommend picking up this patch as well,
although it isn't as widely tested.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2322271/ is also an option.

Someone emailed me that they just used kvm_write_guest, which works
just as well for this application.  This is a good option for anyone
that needs to backport to a really old kernel because the functions
used by these patches are newer then the issue and kvm_write_guest has
been around much longer.

thanks
-Andy