Re: Patch "decnet: Fix disappearing sysctl entries" has been added to the 3.4-stable tree

Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 03:17:43PM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>> <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>> >
>> >     decnet: Fix disappearing sysctl entries
>> >
>> > to the 3.4-stable tree which can be found at:
>> >     http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
>> >
>> > The filename of the patch is:
>> >      decnet-fix-disappearing-sysctl-entries.patch
>> > and it can be found in the queue-3.4 subdirectory.
>> >
>> > If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
>> > please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.
>>
>> This patch won't hurt anything in 3.4 but it is not needed.
>>
>> The sysctl rewrite which is the proper fix is already in 3.4.
>>
>> I just tested and confirmed that 3.4 does not display the problem
>> of the decnet sysctls going away.
>
> Ah, my apologies, you only asked for this to go to 3.0 and 3.2, not 3.4,
> my fault.
>
> Too many different kernel trees here...

No problem.

This is a weird one.  The fix for -stable was different than the
mainline fix, and the regression was successfully reported until
the bug had been fixed for a year.

It doesn't seem there are very many bleeding edge folks in decnet land.

Eric