Re: problem with X11Forwarding

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies. However I don't know why I didn't received many replies on time. For example today I saw that many replies were sent 2-3 days days ago and now I am reading them!!

I think the problem is with mailing list. anyway....

After I turned on the sshd in debug mode (-ddd) and connect from a host, I see this:

debug1: session_input_channel_req: session 0 req x11-req
debug2: bind port 6010: Cannot assign requested address
debug2: bind port 6011: Cannot assign requested address
debug2: bind port 6012: Cannot assign requested address
debug2: bind port 6013: Cannot assign requested address

After some search I found this topic

In the last reply, it is stated that

1) Adding the following to your sshd_config
AddressFamily inet
2) Restart SSH

I did that exactly and now I can forward X. The problem has been solved.
hope this help others too

// Naderan *Mahmood;