SSH Option files using hashes instead of hostnames?

Hey there,

SSH allows the option of hashing the known-hosts file in order to prevent people who get access to your account being able to jump other places. Is is not conceivable that they'd want the same option with their options file?

This could be implemented as an alternative to the "Host" option, say "Hosthash". (Although it would differ in that it would canonicalize the hostname first, unlike the Host option.)

Has this been discussed in the past?

-Dan mahoney

--

"I wish the Real World would just stop hassling me!"

-Matchbox 20, Real World, off the album "Yourself or Someone Like You"