sftp-server logging under chroot & privilege separation

Hello:

We are using OpenSSH 5.3p1.

We are using this to host an SFTP drop-box.  We have implemented chroot &
privilege separation.

For corporate security reasons, we are running sshd as an application ID
setuid root (long story - don't want to go into it here)

The issue we are noting is that we 'lose' SFTP logging of commands when
sshd is run normally.

When we run it in DEBUG, we see the SFTP commands in the log.

We suspected the chrooting/priv sep had something to do with it, however,
changing the sftp-server to be setuid root did not fix the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin J. Herman
Sr. Systems Analyst
EBMX [Electronic Business Message eXchange]
ITM - Procurement Systems

T/L 776-6793
O/L (248)576-6793
FAX (248)576-2185