sshd and custom public key location

Hello.

I'm creating a simple monitoring application (one master collecting data +
monitoring application on slaves) for internal use in my company. I know I can
use collectd or munin, but that's another topic.

Data fetching is done via ssh (OpenSSH). I would like to setup `home-less'
user and place public key somewhere in /etc (under my package subdirectory).
Is it somehow possible to tell sshd where to look for the key of certain user?

Thank you.

OpenSSH version: OpenSSH_5.3p1 Debian-1, OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009