Re: get logged in username

On Jueves 17 Septiembre 2009 02:15:12 Mohsen Alimomeni escribió:
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the logged in username under remote command execution? I
> am using openssh version 4.0 under fedora core 4.
>
> more explanation:
> when I do "ssh admin@host", I can get the username "admin", by the
> command "who -m", since there is tty which the username is assigned to
> it. But suppose I want to execute a remote command "ssh admin@host
> myprog", I want to get the username inside the myprog. The command
> "who -m", doesn't work because no tty is created for the user.
> How can I get the username in this case?

You are right, and this is because common programs doesn't login. However, for
log about ssh, check on /var/log/secure.... And, for running things, "ps -
edalf" or "ps axu" or "pstree -u".

> Regards,
> --
> __ \ /_\\_-//_ Mohsen Alimomeni

And one more thing out of topic. Fedora 4 is outdated, vulnerable and is not
releasing updates anymore, not even critical updates. If you are not using
this server as penetration testing lab pourporse, i strongly recommend you to
install the latest version.

--
Ing. Aaron G. Mizrachi P.

http://www.unmanarc.com