Re: Calling User Program

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:12 PM, linux newbie<linux.newbie79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On logging from remote-host to my server, It takes me to HOME
> directory of root instead of /$USER directory. Hence even after
> editing .profile in the user-directory, its not working.
>
> Can you please suggest how to configure sshd to user-directory?

All of this is controlled via the password file. (/etc/passwd)
Change the home directory to the correct (and existing) directory and
change the shell to be your application.  When the user logs into the
system, sshd will chdir to the home directory and exec the login shell.
If you configure the login shell to be your application, then it will exec
your application.

--
And, did Galoka think the Ulus were too ugly to save?
                                         -Centauri