Re: can sshclient execute a local command ?

On Martes 21 Julio 2009 12:29:44 J. Bakshi escribió:
> Hello list,
>
> I have openssh-client __1:5.1p1-5+b1 installed in my debian box. I have
> remote ssh information stored in my .ssh/config file. I have protected one
> remote ssh by fwknop. When I need ssh login to that particular sever I have
> to open the port with fwknop client installed in my local box. Is there any
> option in sshclient so that It can execute a local command ( here the
> fwknop obviously ) before doing ssh to that remote server ?
>
> Thanks

You can do something like that defining some alias on /etc/bashrc

alias ssh="function dossh { fwknop -A \"tcp/22\" -s -D \$1; /usr/bin/ssh -l
myuser \$1; }; dossh "

Then: ssh myhost

Moreover... for more complex expresion... you can add the user parameter as
$2, add if's if you want, or even use the $@ and extract the hostname from the
parameters to use it on fwknop and use the rest of the argument on -A and ssh
command.

--
Ing. Aaron G. Mizrachi P.

http://www.unmanarc.com