Re: Max connections per client?

2009/7/9 Jeremy C. Reed <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I thought I saw a patch or feature for an sshd for blocking max
> connections per client, max failed authentication attempts per client,
> and/or max authentication attempts per client . Does anyone know about
> that?
>
> Or do any less popular open source SSH servers provide that? (Keep counter
> of connections, attempts, failures per client?)

Hi,

look at sshd config options. you can find them here

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ssh_config

In particular there is this option

     NumberOfPasswordPrompts
             Specifies the number of password prompts before giving up.  The
             argument to this keyword must be an integer.  The default is 3.

Bye

--
Matteo Filippetto