how conflicting multiple local port forwardings should be solved

Hello all,
I am using OpenSSH_5.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8h

and have following setup:

First local port forwarding (specific ports are just for sake of
example) on the local machine (used by several users simultaneously):

ssh -L  7777:localhost:7777 some_user_name1@system1

Then the second user comes and sets up the section in following way:

ssh -L 7777:localhost:7777 some_user_name1@system2

He is successful in setting the second port forwarding session.

On attempt to connect to local port 7777 second user is forwarded to system1.

In my opinion the behaviour is wrong, the second attempt should not
work (with some error message like
ambiguous port forwarding) , let alone the forwarding to system1

What would be your take on this?

/wbr
Ariel Burbaickij