Re: want to know what the othe ssh user is doing

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, J. Bakshi wrote:

> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:38:54 +0530
>
> Hello all,
>
> I like to monitor (live) the command executed by other ssh user. "ps -u
> <username> " or "top" might help a little bit. But I like to have a LIVE
> shell based monitoring tool so that I can simple see the command
> executed by the ssh users? Is there any such tool ? My ssh version is

The ages-long tools is 'script', e.g. with option -f. Read 'man script'
for details. This is not relelvant whether the users use ssh or not.
You can make script to start by default as their 'login shell' and script
would fork the real shell -- an anything the users do within that shell
will be writen into a file or pipe somewhere, which you can read in real
time using 'tail -f'. You can also always make your own little shell that
copies the STDIN, STDERR and STDOUT of their session where you need to
(e.g. a pipe or a socket).

--
Serguei A. Mokhov, PhD Candidate                         |  /~\     The ASCII
Computer Science and Software Engineering &              |  \ /  Ribbon Campaign