Spike in CPU Utilization, MMS exception and SSH session closed abruptly - Reg

Hi,

I face the following issues while using OpenSSH. Kindly clarify me on the same.

1. RSA Key generation causes CPU spike to 99.9%:    Every time I establish a new SSH session, the CPU Utilization spikes to 99.9% and returns to normal. From my reading I found the reason for this spike to be the RSA key generation while establishing a SSH session. Is there a way to prevent the spike in cpu utilization?

2. Closing of SSH session results in MMS exception:     While closing an SSH session, I could find a (core file) pmd file being generated saying the SSH client process crashed due to MMS exception. This happens occasionally. To simulate the same, establish multiple sessions and close them repeatedly. At some point pmd file saying MMS Exception will be generated.

3. SSH sessions get closed abruptly:     With user interaction on Multiple SSH sessions, (user interaction may be a 'show command' repeated continuously on all the sessions), I found the SSH sessions to hang after some time and then get closed abruptly. I could not figure out the reason for this behavior. This issue can be reproduced. Establish multiple sessions. Give 'show commands' repeatedly on all sessions. After some 3-5 minutes, the SSH session will hang and then close abruptly.

I am using OpenSSH_4.3 - ssh_portable "p2". OS used is OSE (RTOS) version OSE4.4.3. SSH client is established with Putty version Release0.60 running on a Windows XP machine.

Kindly provide me inputs on the above. Clarify if these are resolved?

Thanks in advance,
Babji.