Re: SSH tunnel and X forwarding

Hi people,

thanks for all of your kind answers.

I learned a lot about ssh and how X forwarding works thanks to your posts, and also about security guidelines. "Nesting tunnels is safer than chaining." I'll remember that. And I'll try to avoid -g ;-)

As some of you suggested, in the end the problem was just that ririu was not configured to allow X11Forwarding. I just had to edit the sshd_config. Then it worked. However, now I'm also setting up the tunnels in the way you guys suggested :-)

Cheers,

Malte

dani1l schrieb:
for example your X was opened at freya of port 6123
first:
malte@freya $ ssh -R 1234:localhost:6123 malte@hal # port 1234 or other

then you at hal:

malte@hal $ ssh -R 6125:localhost:1234 malte@ririu