Re: Debian SSH problem

It doesn't look like Iptables since it shows a connection is established then dropped. tcp_wrappers would do that, but if that's not it, I'd look at the server in verbose as well. perhaps run a debug version on port 42 or whatever and watch it. Maybe there's a minimal authenticaiton method list. Maybe PasswordAuthentication is not enabled.. who knows. Try it - you may see what is.I'm assuming you've peeked at your syslogs for sshd errors?

Try something like:

shiva.selfip% sshd -ddd -p 42

Then:

ssh -vvv -p 42 shiva.selfip.org