RE: Performance of scp with OpenSSH - 5.1p1

Hello David Green,

> Although the algorithm may be 20% quicker, there are many
> other factors involved with scp transfer speed (network
> bandwidth/latency, harddisk speed, etc). A 20% increase in
> algorithm performance won't necessarily translate to an
> overall 20% increase in scp transfer speeds.

I agree, but the test was carried on a machines where CPU idle time was
around 90% through a dedicated 1 GB network interface directly connected
between the two machine i.e. I tried transferring files across the
cluster nodes using the dedicated cluster interconnects. Using the
normal LAN, the time consumed was so much.

Bottomline is there any way to improve the speed like making use of
UMAC-64 etc....?

--
Senthil Prabu.S