From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Smith Jr, Harry E
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:56 AM
To: secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Allowing remote root login seems to be bad. Why?

I think the real question is what is the environment you are working in.

If the Linux is being installed on production machines then
Debian/Ubantu is the correct configuration. However, this is something
that all hardening rules check plus considerably more.
However, if you are in a development environment, then I lean to
Fedora/Red Hat with some of the hardening rules set ( No rsh ... )
Harry

Harry E Smith Jr.
Senior Staff System Engineering
(408) 473 6491 (work)