Re: Windows Ownership

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:58 AM, pinowudi <pinowudi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Use VFAT on the exteral drive.  no real file perms.

This is exactly what I was going to propose...

Or you can try a distributed authentication medium, like a Active
DIrectoy, where you can use a ADS to use domain accounts instead of a
local user accounts.

I think with cygwin you can use mkpasswd.exe to create such accounts.

But again I'm pretty sure this will be a overkill for you, so rather
stick to VFAT (or FAT32 specifically).

Kosala