Re: What is difference between '5900:localhost:5900 remotehost' and '5900:remotehost:5900 remotehost'?

The second case opens an icoming tunnel... I 'try to explain:

You have e http server listening on your machine at port 80 but just
on localhost (127.0.0.1)

you make a ssh -r 80:remotehost:5900 remotehost

then, on the remote host, if you telnet localhost 5900 you got your
http server ...

Hope it was clear enogh

cheers