choosing DISPLAY with ssh X11 forward

Hi,

is it somehow possible to choose a certain display number for X11 forwards with OpenSSH_4.7p1 running on a Fedora 7 system?
Something like sshds X11DisplayOffset option but configurable by the
client. Or may be a way to manually lunch another X11 proxy with the
desired display number and connect it to the same port as the
automatically created X11 proxy?

I have to use some applications that can't get their configuration from
the current shell environment, but get their DISPLAY variable from a
database. As the display number ssh allocates for me depends strongly on
the number of other users who are connected with X11 forwarding to the
same machine, I have to adjust the database manually after each login.
If it was possible to specify a certain value when logging in, I could
set some high display number in the database which is very unlikely to
be dynamically allocated by another user and could always use something
like DISPLAY=localhost:95.0 to get my X11 forwards working.

Cheers
	Daniel