Re: issue with transferring text files from windows to *INX using scp/sftp

Mike your problem is not with scp.  The scp tool just copies raw bytes.
The Control-M is already present in the file (it's the MS way).

The reason you didn't see this with ftp is because some ftp clients have
two data modes (binary and plain text).  Binary is the "genuine"
transfer method.  The latter is to accommodate this Control-M problem.
Some ftp clients even "auto-detect" the file type for you and choose the
"plain-text" method.

If you want to verify what I am telling you, just download a hex editor
for Windows (like AXE) and open one of your plain text files.  You will
see the Control-M characters.