RE: Expired password unchangeable with SFTP clients

I wanted to follow up on this because I did find the fix and it was (of
course) on the server side.

In the sshd_config, (on my system, it's in /usr/local/etc), there is now
an option to UsePAM.  By default, this is turned off.  It needs set to
yes and all was fine in the world for me.   Keyboard-interactive was
needed for changing the password, so that bit of information was useful,
thanks.

WS_FTP Pro was unable to accommodate password changing, however.  I
contacted the company and was told it was a matter of how the expiration
was handled.  They were doing it "correctly" and expiring the password
at one moment, where the Unix system was expiring at a different moment.
Either way, it doesn't work for my situation.  If there is anyone around
that has specific experience with WS_FTP Pro, OpenSSH, and changing
expired passwords, I'd love to hear from you and how you handled it.  I
have users that would really really like to stick with WS_FTP, but
without this level of functionality, I can't recommend it.

Thanks,
Russ Oliver