Re: How to export variables on remote machine through ssh.

--- gajendrasharma1 <gajendra.sharma@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello experts,
>
> I need ur help on solving this problem.
> I want to provide these variables to the script
> by exporting these
> variables after doing ssh and then run the script
> that use it, like this:
>
> a=10
> ssh -l $user $host "export myVar=$a; cd $myDir;
> ./myScript.sh"

Can you modify your script to take arguments on the
command line?  You could then pass your variables on
the command line.  ie:

ssh -l $user $host $myDir/myScript.sh myVar

Then your script needs to contain something like

$myVar = $1

Be a better pen pal.