Re: accessing remote / more than one IMAP

> BUT, now I have a mail server 'remote' to me or without full access, so, I
> would like to run squirrelmail on a machine I have to access remote
> Dovecot server, no longer 'localhost' as I always has, still Dovecot (not
> Postfix etc)
>
> I've entered
>
> SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php
> Config version 1.5.0; SquirrelMail version 1.5.2 [SVN]
> Server Settings
>
> IMAP Settings
> --------------
> 4.  IMAP Server            : newserver.sbt.net.au
> 5.  IMAP Port              : 143

Unless it's on the local network, you should use port 993 and TLS. I'd
advise using the built-in configuration tool (save off a copy of
config.php to be safe). Under the IMAP server settings you will find "7.
Secure IMAP (TLS)" and you can go from there.

> 6.  Authentication type    : login
> 7.  Secure IMAP (TLS)      : disabled
> 8.  Server software        : dovecot
> 9.  Delimiter              : detect
>
> B.  Update SMTP Settings   : localhost:25
>

> I can login, access /read/send, BUT, in LHS side pane get:
>
> ERROR: Could not complete request.
> Query: CREATE "Sent"
> Reason Given: Client tried to access nonexistent namespace. (Mailbox name
> should probably be prefixed with: INBOX.) (0.001 + 0.000 secs)

I suggest using option D in the configuration tool to set the default
Dovecot configuration. If the error persists, you can talk to the admin of
the remote system to see what customizations they've made to the mailbox
namespaces or you can usually hack it by fiddling with
$default_folder_prefix -- in this case it sounds like it needs to be set
to 'INBOX.' or just 'INBOX'

> noticed in the docs about multiple servers - what's the curret stat of
> that ? (not that is my problem - though, sounds interesting)

I have a plugin that's not released that can allow you to switch IMAP
accounts in 1.4.x; IIRC code for that kind of thing isn't implemented in
1.5.x

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team