Re: ***SPAM*** Re: re creating old server, get Character not allowed in mailbox name: '.'

On 2024-03-02 13:31, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

You may want to ask for help with Dovecot on their mailing list if IMAP
isn't working itself (log in on the command line and test!). Be careful
what is happening, as I suspect you already have a Sent folder. If so,
this means your expected folder list is not what is being returned from
Dovecot. Do you really have the same configuration for Dovecot and
SquirrelMail as before? Double check your IMAP settings and try saving
your configuration file to the side and starting from scratch by using the config/conf.pl tool and let SquirrelMail set up the IMAP settings only by
using option D and indicating the IMAP server is Dovecot.

Paul, thanks!

with Dovecot, I've used (old)/etc/dovecot/* then remed out maybe 3 o4 lines giving errors
with SquirrelMail created from null using conf.pl

ahhhh... server type... yes...

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php
Config version 1.5.0; SquirrelMail version 1.5.2 [SVN]
Command >> dovecot
              imap_server_type = dovecot
         default_folder_prefix = <none>
                  trash_folder = Trash
                   sent_folder = Sent
                  draft_folder = Drafts
            show_prefix_option = false
          default_sub_of_inbox = false
show_contain_subfolders_option = false
            optional_delimiter = detect
                 delete_folder = false
      force_username_lowercase = true

ahhh... sorry, I was cutting corners, didn't do full config....

YES!! working fine big thank you, mea culpa (what else is new?)
errors gone, folders showing, emails showing I think it's all good!!

-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list
List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx