Re: reporting bug of SquirrelMail 1.4.23-svn

On 01/08/2023, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Did you apply the patch as given from the original unmodified file or do
>>> it by hand? There should not be any extra spaces in the resulting FETCH
>>> command. Can you please output the contents of
>>> $extra_small_header_fields
>>> just above where it is being used to ensure it is empty? You can do that
>>> with something such as:
>>> echo "<hr>extra_small_header_fields:<br>";
>>> var_dump($extra_small_header_fields); echo "<hr>";
>>
>> The patch was applied to the original "functions/imap_messages.php" file.
>>
>> Your codes are inserted just above the "if ($internaldate) {" block.
>> The output is :
>> | ----------------------------------------
>> | extra_small_header_fields:
>> | string(1) " "
>> | ----------------------------------------
>> | ERROR:
>> | ERROR: Bad or malformed request.
>> | Query: FETCH
>> 2375,2381,2385,2421,2448,2451,2454,2457,2463,2467,2469,2508,2510,2534,2547
>> (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To
>> Cc From Subject X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type )])
>> | Server responded: Syntax error in header fields
>
> Are you using a newer version of the Message Flags plugin? I'm not sure
> anyone should be populating $extra_small_header_fields
>
> In any case, I added one more safety against what you have shown here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/code/14992/
>
> Do you mind testing to ensure this closes the issue?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> --
> Paul Lesniewski
> SquirrelMail Team
> Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
> http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php

Dear Paul,

As I have mentioned in my original post, our system is using six
plugins which do not include "Message Flags".
I have also checked the plugins directory and found that no file
mentions "$extra_small_header_fields".

The second patch eventually fixes the problem, even with all the
plugins in place.
Many thanks for your efforts.

I shall wait for the next snapshot for a clean installation.

Regards,
anctop

> -----
> squirrelmail-users mailing list