Re: force TLS1.1 or later

Good morning and thank you so much for the reply.

This is not a single server. It is installed on  a web server which acts as an interface to send and receive e-mail from our mail server.
Can't use sendmail anymore, as I discovered a few years ago I needed to specify relay for the web server IP in /etc/mail/access
Config.php

$domain                 = 'my.domain';
$imapServerAddress      = 'myserver.mydomain';
$imapPort               = 993;
$useSendmail            = false;
$smtpServerAddress      = 'myserver.mydomain';
/* $smtpPort               = 465;  */
$smtpPort               = 587;
$sendmail_path          = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';

The problem with tarball install is that I'm concerned about dependencies, so to be honest, I'd prefer to use  a  "builtin", stable and proven version, for the moment.
I have a docker with roundcube and it works fine whether I disable tls1 or not. Not sure if this helps. It has its own php version...

Is it possible to change this in order to use tls 1.2?
File: Deliver_SMTP.class.php

  if (($use_smtp_tls == true) and (check_php_version(4,3)) and (extension_loaded('openssl'))) {
            $stream = @fsockopen('tls://' . $host, $port, $errorNumber, $errorString);
        } else {
            $stream = @fsockopen($host, $port, $errorNumber, $errorString);

Best regards.