Re: Squirrelmail does not load after upgrade for Fedora 35, ISE 500

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 5:02 PM Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Tue, January 4, 2022 9:49 pm, Robert Kudyba wrote:
> >> PHP 8.0.14, with squirrelmail-1.4.23-6.fc34.20190710.noarch alas on
> >> Fedora
> >>
> >> With PHP 8 you're probably going to need a newer version of
> >> SquirrelMail.
> >
> > Does that mean having to compile from source?
>
> PHP is not a compiled language.  It's just a matter of putting the source
> code on your server.  It is possible that you could grab a tarball of
> 1.4.23-svn from our website and unpack that right on top of what you have,
> but that could get messy depending what the RPM author did or did not do
> with the source or configuration.  Try placing the new tarball in a
> parallel directory, copy over the configuration and plugins, and see how
> that goes.

Right, duh of course. So putting them in a place like
/usr/share/squirrelmail2 would be ok. Do I just re-run conf.pl? Which files
hold the settings?

> > I enabled logging in /etc/php.ini now I see *Fatal error*: Array and
> > string
> > offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in
> > */usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/strings.php* on line *634*
>
> That error indicates that in fact you need a newer version of SquirrelMail

Will the new version you mentioned fix these?

-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list
List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx