Re: Squirrelmail makes many warnings after upgrade to PHP 7.2

On Sat, 2019-12-28 at 15:49 -0600, Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> I will give that a try and report back.  Thanks.
>
> > > Platform:
> > > 64-bit CentOS 6, fully up to date
> > > squirrelmail-1.4.22-5.el6.noarch
> > > php-7.2.26-1.el6.remi.x86_64 (recent upgrade from stock v5.3)

FWIW, PHP 7 threw a nasty curve ball to all of us using MySQL databases
(yes, the "MP" in "LAMP"). PHP scripts which weren't prepared for the
change (many of mine weren't) were hosed by the discontinuation of
support in PHP 7 for the mysql module in favor of mysqli. Although the
mysql module was deprecated, and we had ample warning, removal of
support for it caught many of us off guard, and in my case many
customer and FMP administrative scripts had to be fixed. The fixes
weren't unduly complex, but they _had_ to be done. I'm sure a large and
complex PHP suite such as SquirrelMail ran afoul of this, and probably
other upgrade gotchas as well.

Do make sure you're editing the proper php.ini file.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."

-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list
List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx