Re: Squirrelmail makes many warnings after upgrade to PHP 7.2

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 01:53:58PM -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Sat, 2019-12-28 at 09:52 -0600, Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> > Platform:
> > 64-bit CentOS 6, fully up to date
> > squirrelmail-1.4.22-5.el6.noarch
> > php-7.2.26-1.el6.remi.x86_64 (recent upgrade from stock v5.3)
> >
> > I am getting a boatload of warnings; the most common is:
> >
> > [Fri Dec 27 07:55:07 2019] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xxx] PHP Warning:
> > session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters
> > when session is active in
> > /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/global.php
> > on line 472, referer:
> > https://client-domain.com/webmail/src/login.php
> >
> > Is there a known fix for this?
> >
> > I read somewhere that there is a debug flag somewhere that can be
> > turned off, but I can't find it.
> >

> If you have control of your web server, find your php.ini file. On my
> server (Ubuntu Linux w. PHP v7), this file is in /etc/php/7.0/apache2/
> but depending on your OS and your PHP version the location may be
> different. There are sometimes two of these files, one for the web
> server (nginx, apache) and one for the CLI version of PHP, so make sure
> you find the one associated with the web server.
>
> Within this file, look for the line setting "display_errors", followed
> by "display_startup_errors". A production server should have both of
> these set to "Off". If you don't want to turn these off completely, you
> can adjust which errors to report by setting the error_reporting
> variable to one of the suggested values. Unless your php.ini file has
> been edited, the stock php.ini that's distributed with PHP contains
> copious explanatory comments on all the switches. There are a lot of
> ways to slice and dice error handling in this section of php.ini, so
> you can adjust them to taste.
>
> Once you've edited php.ini, RESTART apache, or nginx, or whatever your
> web server is, which will reload the PHP module and cause php.ini to be
> re-read.
>
> --
> Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
> FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."
> 512-259-1190          |
> http://www.fmp.com    |     -- Hiram W Johnson

Hi Lindsay,

Long time, no chat.

Alas, both of those settings are already set to Off.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx             http://www.bobcatos.com
Restore us, Lord God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may
be saved.  Psalm 80:19

-----