Re: Problem with folder display options in SM-1.4.23 on FreeBSD-11.1

On 2018年05月09日 13:45, Seth Randall wrote:

>>> I had not bothered with that but in the spirit of adventure I did so
> after your suggestion.  That modification unsubscribed everyone's
> folders and changed the UI default font and size.
>>>
>>> However, other than those two things, it made no difference with
> respect to how mail folders are shown in the left hand pane.  At least
> as far as I can tell following a cursory look at the results and
> resubscribing all my mail folders.  If there are other changes I will
> no doubt run in to them in time.

>>> On CentOS-6.9 SM-1.4.22
>>> # php -v
>>> PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Mar 22 2017 12:27:09)
>>> Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
>>> Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
>>>

>>> On FreeBSD-11.1 SM-1.4.23
>>> # php -v
>>> PHP 5.6.35 (cli) (built: Apr 10 2018 01:14:01)
>>> Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
>>> Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
>>>

>>> I cannot change the mail folder tree display on either.  On the first
> it displays as an indented list.  On the second as a path.
>>
>> I'm very sorry that the config change messed up subscriptions. Would you
> be willing to share your imapd.conf file and SquirrelMail config.php
> files with me off list so I can see if I can duplicate the issue? I have
> a a FreeBSD system running that matches your versions that I could test
> with.
>>
>> If so, please be sure to check the files and verify that there are no
> usernames and passwords in them.
>
> For anyone else experiencing this issue, it appears to be due to the Cyrus
> IMAP option unixhierarchysep which sends the folder delimiter as a '/'
> instead of the Cyrus default '.'. Changing the delimiter in the config
> file under the server settings to 'detect' or '/' fixes the issue.

Thanks for reporting back. Been some time since I looked at Cyrus; how
unusual is it to change that Cyrus setting? We may be better served by
setting $optional_delimiter to "detect" as it is with most other default
sets.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team