Re: [SOLVED sort of] was Re: svn 14501 - TLS

Paul, thanks for your answer.

Paul Lesniewski wrote
>> B.  Update SMTP Settings   : localhost:25
>
> Port 25?

Yes. As you say, smtp settings are irreIevant to  imap tls ones. Also, I see
no problem with this port. In my smtp setup, tls is used for communications
of a client with smtpd.

Paul Lesniewski wrote
>> Printing out the contents of smtpd.cert confirms that
>> CN=uranus.sai.msu.ru
>
> But is the CA available (to SM) and known?

How do I check the availability of CA to SM? Known to whom? As I said, my
certificate/key pair is self-signed and simple (without chains). The cert
file is smtpd.cert, the key is smtpd.key.

Paul Lesniewski wrote
>> Adding these lines to squirrelmail's config_local.php
>>
>> $imap_stream_options = array(
>>      'ssl' => array(
>>          'cafile' => '/etc/postfix/smtpd.cert',
>
> That does not look like a CA cert path to me.

Yes, the path is non-standart, this is a testing environment. Still should
be not a problem since the path is provided in dovecot config.

Paul Lesniewski wrote
>>          'verify_peer' => false,
>>          'verify_depth' => 1,
>>      ),
>> );
>>
>> does not change anything.
>
> Did you verify if those are being used in the code?

No. I assumed that if including these lines was your recommendation to
David, SM should use them.

Paul Lesniewski wrote
>   The solution might
> be as simple as using a 1.4.23-SVN snapshot from our downloads page.
> I'd try that before anything else.

I will. Although, honestly, I would prefer to use the SM package from the
official repository. I have to implement it in several servers and managing
all them manually is too much trouble...

Thanks again for your comments,
Igor