Re: What is needed to make sure the squirrel is ready for PHP 7?

On 2016年03月23日 19:00, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Paul, All,
>
>   I have updated a production box to PHP7 briefly on Archlinux server and
> promptly broke an older install of eGroupware, I did not check squirrelmail at
> that time. I downgraded to PHP 5.6 until I can get the groupware issue resolved.
>
>   squirrelmail.org still shows the announcement that it supports PHP 5.4-5.5,
> (which I chuckled, since it is more current than my site even though that was
> the update from 2013 :)
>
>   I have updated squirrelmail to svn revision 14549 and setup squirrelmail on
> another Arch server with PHP7. I am receiving the following errors:
>
> SquirrelMail notice messages
> Category: 	PHP
> Message: 	mb_strtolower() [function.mb-strtolower]: Unknown encoding "(null)"
> FILE: 	/srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/class/template/Template.class.php
> LINE: 	1310
> Category: 	PHP
> Message: 	mb_strtolower() [function.mb-strtolower]: Unknown encoding "(null)"
> FILE: 	/srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/class/template/Template.class.php
> LINE: 	1310
> Category: 	PHP
> Message: 	mb_strtolower() [function.mb-strtolower]: Unknown encoding "(null)"
> FILE: 	/srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/class/template/Template.class.php
> LINE: 	1310
> Category: 	PHP
> Message: 	mb_strtolower() [function.mb-strtolower]: Unknown encoding "(null)"
> FILE: 	/srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/functions/template/general_util.php
> LINE: 	39
> Category: 	PHP
> Message: 	mb_stristr() [function.mb-stristr]: Unknown encoding "(null)"
> FILE: 	/srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/functions/template/general_util.php
> LINE: 	41
> Category: 	PHP
> Message: 	mb_stristr() [function.mb-stristr]: Unknown encoding "(null)"
> FILE: 	/srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/functions/template/general_util.php
> LINE: 	45
>
>   The 39, 41, 45 messages repeat several more times. It looks like it is really
> close. Is there something else I can send or test to help out? (unfortunately
> I'm not a php programmer, but I can work a keyboard and get whatever you may
> think will help)
>
>   Above all messages look like they are mbstring complaints about an encoding
> not being set. Do I need to set encoding to UTF-8 or set something to make
> mbstring happy?
>
>   The only mbstring setting I have in php.ini is:
>
> mbstring.func_overload = 7
>
> (which is a groupware requirement)
>
>   Is there something I should try to resolve these messages on my end?

I can't immediately see that this is anything to do with PHP 7. Can you
please show your language and encoding related config settins as well as
what user interface language is being used when you see these?  Also,
please make sure to test with the newest SVN snapshot.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team