Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 06:51:29 -0700
Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> https://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-11.html#ss11.1

Don't need that, as I have access to, and know how to read log
files :)

Here is the relevant error message:

    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function
    compatibility_check_plugin_setup()
    in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/change_passwd/functions.php on
    line 28, referer: <elided>

I tried addressing the error by changing
compatibility_check_plugin_setup() to check_plugin_setup()
in .../plugins/change_passwd/functions.php, but then, upon trying to
invoke Change Password from the Options menu, I got a blank page and

    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function sqgetGlobalVar()
    in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/compatibility/includes/1.5.2/global.php
    on line 999, referer: <elided>

> Also, did you read and follow the requirements section in the README
> file and all instructions in the INSTALL file?

Indeed.  This isn't my first rodeo :)

> You should also be aware that a re-written version of this plugin is
> available by contacting me offlist.

Would you be so kind as to send it to me?

N.P.: Please dont' try to send it as a .zip file.  My mailserver
rejects .zip attachments out-of-hand as a security measure.  Any
other archiving method/compression is ok, or rename a .zip to .piz or
something.

I've whitelisted your sender address, but the content checks cannot
be bypassed.

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is