Re: Empty / damaged mails in INBOX

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 08:18:59PM +0100, Jakub Nadolny wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 05:01:55PM +0100, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
> > 2016.Január 22.(P) 16:21 időpontban Jakub Nadolny ezt írta:
> > > I've configured SquirrelMail on new server. The problem
> > > is that it displays some mails as empty, some are damaged (only part of
> > > message body is shown), some are perfectly fine (most of them).
> > > I've checked that all emails are ok on server side. When I connect with
> > > other IMAPS client (mutt) - they are also ok - no empty/damaged emails.
> > > So it looks like the problem likes in SquirrelMail itself.
> >
> > As a first guess, please take a look at on this bug:
> > http://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/2806/
> >
> > I also advise you to use a more recent SVN pull of squirrelmail.
>
> Thanks. I've installed squirrelmail-20160122_0200-SVN.stable.tar.bz2
> Now I can see these emails but... in some cases instead of diactrical
> characters I can see only some random ones.

Just for records: It looks like problem is solved by appying a patch:
http://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/_discuss/thread/feebafb3/4a28/attachment/quoted_printable_fix-1.4.x-version_2.diff
(partially I had to do this manually, as Hunk #3 FAILED)
Anyway, it looks like problem is known for years, so why this patch is
not applied to SquirrelMail source code base?