Re: Squirrellmail user account compromised

Le 09/01/2016 06:39, amutoti a écrit :
> I am using SquirrelMail version 1.4.8-21.el5.centos for webmail and one of my
> users when trying to send email via webmail it does not send using his real
> account but instead the is what his recipients will receive in their inbox;
>

> Email address: Mrs.Lola Sanchez <info@xxxxxxxx>
>

> Message body:
>

> Dear Respected
>

> I am Mrs.Lola Sanchez,manager bills and exchange at the foreign remittance
> department of La_caixa bank Madrid.I have a business suggestion for you.It
> involve the transfer of($ 15.2 million US Dollar).if interested please reach
> me on(mrslolasan003@xxxxxx) with more details of this operation.
> Kind Regards,
>

> Mrs Lola Sanchez.
>

> However this does not happen when he is using Microsoft Outlook
>

> --

Hi,

You need to find where the malware is operating. Here are a few stuff to
verify (without any order):
- Is the end user's computer clean?
- Try to send out a message from another account, and from another
client computer;
- (In case of Windows client) Reset the user's Windows profile;
- Don't you have a malicious SM plugin installed?
- Was your SM installation altered by a malware? Check files timestamps
and/or md5 sums.
- Install a new SM instance and ask the user to use it.
- (In case of Unix authentication) Is the user's Unix account healthy?

Regards,
Julien