Re: Mail_fetch & gmail

El Vie 25 Sep 2015, Christian Schmitz escribió:
> Hi everyone:
>         I am have installed a webmail server (squirrel 1.4.23-svn20150923)
> i have
> installed most plugins without problem. The only problem that i have is
> with mail_fetch.
> I am trying to check emails from gmail but i get connection error.
>
> Looking seem like mail_fetch (the included inside package) do not support
> TLS.
>
> How i can implement or get working TLS on mail_fetch?
>
> Best Regards
> Christian
>

> Installed Plugins
>     1. html_mail
>     2. filters
>     3. folder_synch
>     4. image_buttons
>     5. show_user_and_ip
>     6. mail_fetch
>     7. message_details
>     8. newmail
>     9. delete_move_next
>     10. bug_report
>     11. jsclock
>     12. sent_subfolders
>     13. spamcop
>     14. administrator
>     15. calendar
>     16. info
>     17. msg_flags
>     18. squirrelspell
>     19. translate
>     20. squirrel_logger
>     21. dictionary-0.6
>     22. download_all
>     23. compatibility
>     24. smallcal
>     25. archive_mail
>     26. add_address
>     27. attachment_doc
>     28. autocomplete
>     29. per_recipient_sent_folders
>     30. show_thumb
>     31. check_quota
>     32. block_attach
HI:
	The answer i mode WORKS FOR ME i found on:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins/12569

"Not a documented feature, but you can type ssl://host and change the
port number, and it will work assuming your PHP version has SSL
enabled. tls:// can also be used too. This is because the fsockopen
call doesn't attempt to specify a protocol, so you can "cheat" the
code by setting it in the hostname"

So i configure:
server=tls://pop.gmail.com
port=995
user
pass
destination folder.

I think that is absolutely required that TLS figure as an option when the user
configure mail_fetch in options.

Best Regards
Christian

--
En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows