New Mail plugin

Hello mailing list,

I'm a long time user of SM. I recently got a Linode and upgraded SM to
1.5.2. I use SM for family and friends. Nothing serious. New mail has
always been a little intermittent for me. I see there is a bug listed in
v1.5.1 but not in v1.5.2 so I'm wondering if I have done something wrong.
As I write this I have sent me an email from an external site and SM's
left pane INBOX has a (1) next to it and Firefox tab has "0 New Messages"
as a title. No popup. I have an exception for popups in Firefox for my
webmail address. It looks like I have Folder preferences and New Mail
options selected properly. I have not configured sound. In the past all I
did was resubmit on New Mail Options page and that would fix it. I
installed SM 1.5.2 in /usr/share/squirrelmail.devel but I'm not sure that
was correct. All other plugins work fine.

My configuration:
Postfix 2.11
MySQL 5.5
Dovecot 2.2