Re: About installing squirrel

On 3/3/2014 3:51 PM, Ziiweb.com wrote:
>  Then I have tried to access |squirrelmail| using
> |my_vps_ip/squirrelmail| but I get a 404, any idea? Im on Ubuntu 12.04

Sorry for the late reply.  I'd almost guarantee that where-ever squirrel
mail is getting installed is *not* in your default webmail folder that
apache accessing.

The default apache folder should be /var/www.  So your "squirrelmail"
folder should be in /var/www --- the same place where
index.html/index.php is being pulled from.

If you don't know where squirrelmail got installed, I'd probably just do
a "find / -name squirrelmail" and then move that folder over into
/var/www (or whatever that folder is called on the system that apache is
serving up for your website)

I know I'm being generic, but there's many different setups possible here.

Last but not least, you could do a "grep -R 404 /var/log/apache2/*.log"
and see where apache is looking for squirrelmail.  The folder just isn't
there -- put it there. :)

Hope this helps.
Keith