Re: squirrel_logger does not collect failed logins

FYI, this is an issue for the plugins mailing list.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Jez Noake <jez_noake@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have installed/configured plugin and can see LOGIN and LOGOUT events in the logfile, but want to log failures for fail2ban to act on.
> Deliberate invalid passwords with or without a valid username cause the following to be displayed in the web browser:
> ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
> Query: LOGOUT

This is not a login failure event.  This is your IMAP server doing
something odd.  You should diagnose your IMAP logs and configuration
to see why it is dropping the connection when entering invalid
credentials.

> but no entry in the logfile.
>
> in plugin config.php, the following are uncommented:
>
> $sl_log_events = array(
>
>    'LOGIN_ERROR',
>    'ERROR',
>

> $sl_logs = array(
>    'FILE' => array(
>
>       'LOGIN_ERROR'   =>  "%6 [%1] %2 (%3) from %4: %7\n",
>       'LOGIN_ERROR'   =>  "%6 [INVALID] %2 (%3) from %4: %7\n",

Do you mean for one of these to be just "ERROR"?

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team