Re: Searching 30,000 emails

LuKreme wrote
> Could I do that just for squirrel mail (it runs on a separate machine from
> the mailserver)?

SquirrelMail search is as fast as your IMAP search is. Application does not
index all your private parts like gmail does.

I know only two servers with full text search squater indexing support.
Dovecot IMAP will be improvement over Courier even without FTS plugins. It
has more caching by default. Cyrus FTS indexes are persistent. Dovecot
generates those indexes on demand. If only one user needs search, then you
will save on storage costs with Dovecot. If more users need it, you will
save time for first search command with Cyrus, but initial rollout costs
will be bigger.

--
Tomas