Re: Session problem with Firefox but not IE

On Sun, March 10, 2013 09:35, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Niclas Arndt <niclas_arndt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running 1.4.21 on an old openSUSE and I have a problem that I
>> assume is
>> session-related.
>>
>> IE 9 doesn't suffer from it - only Firefox 19 (and previous versions). I
>> haven't tried other browsers.
>>
>> So long as I am only logged into Squirrelmail and not doing anything
>> else,
>> everything is fine.
>>
>> If I open another Firefox window and login to for example Hotmail (or
>> another Squirrelmail account), I get kicked out from the original
>> Squirrelmail account with this message:
>>
>> ERROR
>> You must be logged in to access this page.
>>
>> If I log into my Squirrelmail account, everything works (until I login
>> e.g. Hotmail again...).
>>
>> As I said previously, IE9 (and previous versions) haven't suffered from
>> this
>> - only Firefox.
>>
>> As far as I know, there is no exotic plugin (or similar) that might
>> disturb
>> - quite "vanilla" Firefox.
>>
>> session.use_cookies reports as "YES" and session.save_path looks right.
>
> If it works in IE (and because no one else has this issue), it's
> probably something in your Firefox setup, or your web server... not
> likely anything that SquirrelMail is responsible for.  You can install
> the Cookie Warning plugin to get more accurate error reporting if the
> problem is your cookies are being wiped out (but might be easier and
> more informative to watch the cookies in FF yourself manually, where
> you can also check the expiration info, etc.)
>
> --
> Paul Lesniewski
> SquirrelMail Team
> Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
> http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php
Firefox shares cookies between all open instances whereas Internet
Explorer does not.  When you opened the second SM session in FF the new
cookies overwrote the old cookies.  I had a client bring this to my
attention years ago.  Hope this helps.

-------

William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext 101
Direct: 909-962-8547
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission,
is prohibited. If you received this by mistake, please contact the sender
immediately.