Re: Version questions

Hi Paul,

>> Thanks guys. So you're not making any major day-to-day changes on the
>> SVN that would lead to or contain known production issues?
>
> Not currently, but as it is not officially labeled stable, that is
> subject to change.
>
>> Is there a doc that broadly outlines the differences between the v1.4 and v1.5?
>
> I don't think there is one that specifically does that, but a lot can
> be garnered from various pages on our wiki, a review of the
> developer's mailing list, or by asking specific questions here.

I've decided to give v1.5 a try on our production machine with a few
hundred users. I'm having some issues I hoped you could help me to
address.

What is the level of compatibility with the v1.4 plugins and v1.5? Is
there a special area for v1.5 plugins? When trying to install
unsafe_image_rules 0.8, it prints "Rewrite your code, we now use
init.php" when trying to view a message.

I know the first thing the users are going to complain about is the
big security warning, unfortunately. I'd also like to implement
squirrelmail_logger and the plugin that prints the login and last
connection info, but I won't attempt until I hear back on whether it's
worth the time to invest trying...

I really hope you're around this weekend, because I've committed to a
test environment for some staffers on Monday.

Thanks so much.
Alex